Saturday, January 12, 2008

unchartered waters...

"I wait in hope for You, Lord. You are my help and my shield. In you my heart rejoices, for I trust in your holy name." Psalm 33: 20-21

God gave me this verse this morning. I have read it several times throughout the day. I have been clinging to those words above. We are anxiously awaiting in hope for Coy's healing, for Coy to breathe without struggling.

Today seemed like one of those days when everything goes wrong; you know when you wake up on one of those days, you just have to put your "game face" on and deal with it...
So Coy had an okay night last night---we did discover that his CBC was abnormal showing signs of an infection. I had also noticed yesterday as I sat by his bedside that something "wasn't right". I had that motherly instinct---Coy is usually very active, moving all about in his little house; yesterday however he layed very still, laboring to breathe...I know my baby boy, he's a fighter, he gets fiesty when he's messed with---not yesterday, he just didn't have the energy and he didn't feel good--so as I anticipated, he does have an infection---blood, urine, and tracheal cultures were done---only time will tell what grows...please pray that Coy will become free of infection ASAP! Pray that the two antibiotics he is on will wipe this bug right out of his body...

Coy's lungs are still very wet; still have lots of fluid weighing them down preventing Coy from breathing easier--please pray for this fluid to resolve...good news today is another awesome doctor gave his expert opinion on Coy and his respiratory status, this doctor is highly educated and does lots of research in regards to steroids like hydrocortisone...he feels the dose Coy received for the past two days was no where close to what he needs---so today he ordered the proper dose...then again he tells us this is not well researched, they should work in Coy, but if not, they will try something else, he said "we are now in unchartered waters"...please pray that the steroid take effect in Coy 's body, that they will improve his respiratory function immediately! We need something to help our little peanut; he was between 80-100% oxygen today, this is very scary for us to see....where do you go after 100%?? the knob doesn't turn any further...

Coy's poor nurse today was working so hard for him; so hard for us. She had to draw so many labs on him, suction him, worry about him...pray for the nurses and doctors that work so hard for our little babies...so hard at trying everything they can; their brains always working, always thinking

thanks for praying with us; thanks for checking our blog; thanks for everything that you have sent us, cooked us, baked us; we appreciate it more than i can express

10 comments:

Muggle Mom said...

hang in there guys!!!! coy is a fighter. i know he will pull through this. prayers will continue of course. i have my whole community here in kingwood praying for you and your family. heaven is being stormed with prayers for your family. :)

nicole

John and Kelly said...

I have prayed healing.
I believe God can.
I appreciate medicine, but have
total faith in God alone.
I wait in expectant hope for God to
answer our requests of Him.

Psalm 33,... good passage.
Our souls wait for the Lord...

John and Kelly

Ann Glowacki said...

We will say lots of prayers tonight for baby Coy and his nurses and doctors! I hope the new dose of medication helps and that his sweet little body can fight off the infection. I know how hard it is to see your little guy struggle, I wish he didn't have to! I hope you are still able to cuddle with him... I can't imagine not being able to kangaroo every day. I pray for mom and dad too, hang in there, I'm sending you hugs...

Ann

Anonymous said...

Keep believing, keep praying and watch the Lord work. We continue to pray with you for Coy's total healing.

Melanie Prevost

Unknown said...

I am praying so hard for your little boy. Stay strong... and keep believing.

Anonymous said...

You know I never ever checked blogs before my nephew got sick. Now I daily check on Joseph and Coy. Very different situations, but similar in that there are two little boys fighting for there life and 2 sets of parents desperately trying to survive well amidst circumstances they can do nothing about. Crying for you guys today in Kentucky
www.prayforjoseph.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

We continue to keep Coy and you guys in our prayers.

Alan & Molly

Jenny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenny said...

As scary as uncharted waters are, many times in the Bible, that is where people saw the greatest miracles! That's what I'm praying your uncharted waters are, an invitation for God to do something so wonderful, He wanted to get out in "uncharted" waters!

Jenny

Bethelgrace said...
This comment has been removed by the author.