Saturday, December 8, 2007

Coy is here!

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

Chris & I would like to thank each and every one of you who have been so supportive during this hard time. We are just overwhelmed at the love and kindness, encouragement & strength of everyone around us. Our families are amazing....a gift from God. Each day we look at all the blessings we've been given throughout our lives... our parents & families, we are so thankful. We want everyone to know, we read & see each email & text message, listen to each voicemail, etc. It means everything to us....we haven't been able to respond to all, but please know we see/ hear them & it brings tears to our eyes.

On that note, Monday, December 3rd, our little man was welcomed into this world, Coy Christopher Kolkhorst. He wasn't due until late March, but had other plans for himself. Already, so much like his daddy...stubborn & strong! He weighted 1lb4oz and was 12.5inches long. My membranes ruptured or "water broke" on Thursday, November 29th; while this wasn't the plan we had for our little man, God had a different one. We struggle each day to cope with how our lives have changed over the past week; our faith tested each minute. God is good and we know that, we are trying to stay focused on the good right now. The sheer miracle of his heartbeat (150bpm!) is just such a blessing! I have struggled with these first few days; my baby isn't healthy like most, I don't get to rock my baby to sleep or hold him tight; I don't get to breastfeed him, I don't get to touch him; we didn't get to bring him home from the hospital; but please don't feel any sympathy for us; we have a baby boy & we are parents; I feel so LUCKY to be Coy's mom; so lucky; each day I get to sit next to his isolette is just the greatest gift; my baby boy is precious & we love him dearly.

Please pray for our son, Coy, as he is up for the fight of his life; pray that God will hold him tight & comfort him each minute of everyday; pray for the doctors & nurses who are taking care of our precious little boy, give them strength, kindness & wisdom. Please pray, we beg you.

We will be trying to update on our baby boy each day; as the doctors tell us, this is a long, long battle. We're ready for the fight....we think.......
We love you all.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Ann Marie,

I just want to let you know that I am thinking about you, Chris, and baby Coy. You will be in my prayers. Remember that God does not give us more than we can handle. I wish you all the best.

Love,
Paloma

Renee Miller said...

Ann Maire,

You, Chris and your handsome son Coy are in my thoughts and prayers. It's amazing to see you as a mother. Seems like it was just yesterday that we would be outside playing. Growing up with you, you have always been so strong and have always had so much Faith in the Good Lord. He can make all things possiable. Stay strong and know that you have the love of your family and friends right here for you. Love you and God Bless.

Shan said...

You all are AMAZING and SO strong! And it looks like your liitle guy is too!!! I know you know, but as I said on your MySpace page, to be doing as well as he is doing after being born at only 23 weeks is INCREDIBLE, nothing short of a miracle. And of course, you and your family will be in our constant thoughts and prayers.

SO Much Love,
Shannon

Steph V said...

oh my goodness...it is so early to be crying so hard, but tears that are shed in such support and awe of y'alls strength. Y'all have brough such a precious little one into this world and he will be forever wrapped in prayers from so many. Please stay strong and know that there are so many prayer warrious out there with your family in their every thoughts!

Love,
The Vandagriffs

Julie Vu said...

Hi ann marie :)

My prayers are with you and your family. Coy is beautiful. It must have been a rough ride but, he wanted to see the world and his wonderful parents early! A little man, trying to live in a big big world on his own a day at a time...

I wish Coy the best and to a great supportive mom and dad.

When I see him I will wish him a happy birthday!

God is by his side.

Love
Julie Vu

from memorial hermann :)

Julie Rios said...

Ann Marie and Chris,

I want you to know that ya'll are in my fiance's and my prayers. God has blessed ya'll with a sweet little boy and through prayers, love and him being a little tough guy, he can get through this. Stay strong and know God and everyone you love are with ya'll. Love ya'll and God Bless.

Julie

kelly said...

looks like a fighter to me. and yes, i think he has his daddy's nose.no offense chris, he will be just as handsome. lots of love and prayers for all of you. kelly and the boys

Tina Murray said...

Dear Chris and Ann Marie,

Coy looks like an angel in the pictures you posted. Thanks for sharing your story. Love is the greatest gift that we give our children, and you are both giving Coy so much right now. We will continue to pray for you and Coy every time we bow our heads.

Warm hugs and smiles,

The Murrays
(your parent's neighbor)

Puddin said...

Dear Chris and Ann Marie,

Thank you SO much for sharing these moments with us. It allows us in a special way to be there with you in Spirit and watch what we pray will be Coy's continued progress. We know he has a battle to fight but with the Lord by his/your side, He will give you all that you need.

Uncle Charles told me the other day that he prays for you and
Coy 3 times a day. :-)

We continue to lift you up in prayer and pray the specific requests...and follow this 'continued miracle'.

WE love you and God loves you!

Aunt Mary

Puddin said...

God has a positive answer:
YOU SAY GOD SAYS BIBLE VERSES
You say: "It's impossible" God says: All things are possible (Luke 18:27)
You say: "I'm too tired" God says: I will give you rest (Matthew 11:28-30)
You say: "Nobody really loves me" God says: I love you (John 3:1 6 & John 3:34 )
You say: "I can't go on" God says: My grace is sufficient (II Corinthians 12:9 & Psalm 91:15)
You say: "I can't figure things out" God says: I will direct your steps (Proverbs 3:5- 6)
You say: "I can't do it" God says: You can do all things (Philippians 4:13)
You say: "I'm not able" God says: I am able (II Corinthians 9:8)
You say: "It's not worth it" God says: It will be worth it (Roman 8:28 )
You say: "I can't forgive myself" God says: I Forgive you (I John 1:9 & Romans 8:1)
You say: "I can't manage" God says: I will supply all your needs (Philippians 4:19)
You say: "I'm afraid" God says: I have not given you a spirit of fear (II Timothy 1:7)
You say: "I'm always worried and frustrated" God says: Cast all your cares on ME (I Peter 5:7)
You say: "I'm not smart enough" God says: I give you wisdom (I Corinthians 1:30)
You say: "I feel all alone" God says: I will never leave you or forsake you (Hebrews 13:5)

Aunt Mary

Jen said...

Hello,

You all are in my thoughts and prayers. I am going to send out a prayer request today at Trinity Lutheran Church-Downtown. We will all be praying for you and your family.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths" (Proverbs 3:5-6)

My heart goes out to you all,

Jennifer Horn

Cindy Finney said...

Hello wonderful parents.
You don't know me, I am Shari Cagles step mom. She shared your story with me and I have been looking at your site here. With all the love that surrounds this beautiful boy I am certain that God has a plan for him. I will keep you and Coy in my prayers and know that many people who don't know you will also be praying for your family. God Bless you and keep your faith strong, Coy is counting on you.
Best wishes,
Cindy Finney

Fletchfb said...

My friend Liz Caspermeyer told me about Coy and your families struggles. I want to share that nearly 4 years ago my daughter delivered a miracle baby girl at 25 weeks weighing just 1 lb 10 oz. Her daddy's wedding ring could be worn as a bracelet. We were all surprised when she was sent home from the hospital on Easter Sunday!

On February 1st Kelly will be 4 and shows no signs of being delivered so early. We cried, we prayed, we worried. We went though surgeries for various items but she is a fighter and is the love of our entire family. Talk to Liz about it, we shared an office during this rough time in my life.

The prayers of my family are with your family and your son. Be strong, there will be pot holes and there will be doubts but God has a plan that none of us truly understand.

Fred

Sarah Partain said...

Hi Ann Marie and Chris--
I found your blog through the Peabodys' blog and wanted to let you know I'll be praying for you all. Our son Amos, who is now 21 months old, was born at 30 weeks and 5 days. Not quite as young as Coy, but we had our share of sudden and overwhelming events. I had a placental abruption and because I believe it was God's plan that Amos come early, we were already at the hospital for some monitoring and they were able to do an emergency csection. He had a brain bleed and hydrocephalus, so during the 8 weeks in the hospital, he underwent two brain surgeries. We went home close to our due date and Amos was able to breast feed (still is, too!). Anyway, I am glad to hear that Coy is home with you now and that he's growing well. Glad the reflux is under control too--we dealt with that and it can be scary. May God bless you and keep you. Sarah Partain