Sunday, July 26, 2009

update

Isn't she pretty? I can't wait to get that tube out of her nose and tape off her face! I keep telling her that if she eats, the tube comes out and we go home! =)
So, we're still here in the NICU. I would be lying if I said I'm not sick of this hospital already. I've spent almost 16 weeks here now. I think it's time to go when half of the hospital staff knows your family and story. =)

Cydney is trucking right along. She has been nursing well the past two days and today finished two bottles off. I am experimenting with which feeding method will get us out of here fastest. Right now, I'm thinking the bottles are the better option for discharge. She can breastfeed and does well with it, but tires out faster and therefore, doesn't take as much. Good news is she's gaining weight and back at her birth weight *almost*. As soon as she can prove to take all 8 feedings by mouth and continue to gain weight, we'll be outta here!

She has labs ordered for the morning---I am praying her glucose and bilirubin levels are still stable. She looks jaundice to me, but I think it's because I'm comparing her to my ghostly white, hasn't seen sun in 4.5 months skin. Next to everyone else, she looks normal. =)

Not much else to report...just hoping to be outta here by the weekend. Please pray for continued progress and discharge soon! Can you tell that I'm ready to go home already?

8 comments:

Only the Sheppards said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Only the Sheppards said...

Oh, what a stinker :) She's absolutely adorable and I hope she's eating well and out soon. She's probably been planning this for months... Can't let Coy have all the attention!

Praying for her to gets those feeds down so you can get out of Dodge soon...

Amanda said...

Amen to the part about it being time to get out when most of the hospital knows you and your story!

Snap said...

Cydney is adorable. Such a gorgeous little girl! Get to eating little one. You need to go home! :D :D

Candice said...

You're perfectly allowed to be sick of the hospital. I am sick of the hospital and we only go for checkups! Cydney looks so great. I am impressed she doesn't need the pulseox (what a relief!) and she is downing those bottles so well. Get that girl home! We both know how well our boys did once they got home, so I'm sure you can imagine how fantastic she'll do.

Ann Glowacki said...

Hang in there Ann Marie! Cydney is just beautiful and I'm so happy she's doing so well! That's great news about the nursing... she'll be a pro in no time. And definitely once you get home she can practice a lot! I bet you'll be home by the weekend! Best wishes and lots of love,

Ann

Jason and Shari said...

Cydney is so precious. I am glad that she is doing so well. I will be praying that you girls will be able to get out of there ASAP!

Tricia said...

I bet you are ready to get out of there.

Emmi gets recognized by the Texas Children's surgery nurses. I told Kenny yesterday that I am pretty sure that isn't a good thing, although it did makes things run a lot faster when they don't bother going over things we already know!

Hopefully you are home soon!