Sunday, May 24, 2009

Baby Sister is now....

Cydney Marie!

Yep, that is her name! She will go by Cydney and Marie is her middle name. We are really excited to have found something we both love! It took months of brainstorming, but once we put it together, it just felt right. I was thinking we would wait until she was born to announce it, but I can't keep secrets very well. And, now, if you will, pray for her by name!! Or, you can continue to call her Baby Sister too--God knows who you're talking about! =)

Oh, and if you don't like her name, please don't tell us. Believe it or not, I actually had someone tell me they didn't like Coy's name....after he was born! I know everyone has an opinion...and some people share them regardless if they should or not. Oh well, no harm done, we still love his name, too! =)

Praise God that I am now 26w4d. I am so grateful to be 'this far along' but still begging for more time. I am at peace knowing God has his arms wrapped around us and He knows the exact date of Cydney's birth. What an awesome feeling that is!

I have been feeling good, but getting more uncomfortable. I am always feeling full (of food) and I am SO, SO sick of this hospital cuisine. I mean, it literally takes all I have to eat sometimes. Part of the problem is that all I do is lay in bed--and therefore, don't have a great appetite. I am growing though--and I tried to take a 'belly pic' today, but it didn't do it justice. I'll try to get a better one another day!

Everything else is pretty much unchanged. I am still on IV mag and contracting 1-3 per hour. I told my doctor that my veins are getting mad at him; he said we 'might' switch to a terbutaline pump soon. Usually, the nurses get my IV on the first try, but when it was changed last Friday, it took 6 sticks and 3 different nurses! Needless to say, it hurt. Then the same morning I had my 3 hour glucose test (I still don't know if I passed that yet) and was stuck every hour for 4 hours to get blood. The blood draw doesn't hurt at all compared to IV's--and I'm really not complaining--I'd much rather be the one getting stuck than my daughter in the NICU. I cringe everytime I think about the countless IV's & sticks Coy endured; it literally breaks my heart. He is such a strong boy and I know God protected him when I couldn't. He is my little miracle and I couldn't be prouder of him.

And finally, just thought I'd share a picture of Cydney's first dress (it's size 0-3 months for reference)....!!! Isn't that the cutest thing ever?? Thanks Ann, Shawn, & Jaxson!!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Memorial Day! Thanks for all the prayers and love! We couldn't be more blessed!

21 comments:

misty mac said...

oh what an adorable name!!!!

meredith said...

I love, love, L-O-V-E the name and the way you spelled it!!!!

Two Boys= Twice the Fun! said...

I love my Cydney Marie already! I can't wait til' we can dress her up. Chris... you might need a second job for all the girl clothes:) Ree... you are doing great! Keep cooking our baby girl!

Steven and Adrienne said...

Beautiful name, we are in the process of coming up with three and it is so hard! I can totally sympathize with the hospital cuisine, St. Luke's isn't much better.

Anonymous said...

I love the name and the dress is adorable! Glad Cydney is content to keep baking. Still praying for you both!

Ann Glowacki said...

Awww... Ann Marie, you are so sweet! It was great to finally meet you Friday! Maybe next visit I'll have to bring you lunch! Just let me know what you'd like other than hospital food! Cydney Marie is a beautiful name, I love it. I'm so happy all is going well.... except for the IVs... I hope that gets better soon! Take care and I look forward to seeing you soon!

Love,
Ann

Lauren said...

I love her name - Cydney Marie sounds beautiful, and it's so unique!

GammySel said...

Ann Marie
do you have an address at the hospital?
I would like to make something for baby Cydney Marie and send it to you.

Do you have to eat the hospital food? Can someone cook for you and bring you food?

Looking forward to hearing from you-
Lord Jesus- continue to wrap your loving arms around Ann Marie and baby Cydney. Keep the both protected- grow that baby so that she may be a mighty warrior for your kingdom. In Jesus Name!
Amen

Angie

Jason and Shari said...

I think the name is wonderful. Don't let anyone tell you anything different. I am so happy that you are doing so well. Stay strong.

Coolestmommy said...

Love the name...love the dress...love that God is keeping you pregnant. Praise the Lord that His mighty hand is on Cydney Marie! Lord, we ask that you continue to protect Ann Marie & Cydney as well as Chris & Coy. We thank You for your perfect plan and ask that you keep Ann Marie's spirits up as she continues to stay in the hospital holding Cydney inside her body. Thank you for each moment that brings us closer to a full term delivery.
In Jesus Name, Amen!

redburns said...

What a sweet name! I love the spelling.

Todd Kolkhorst said...

Everyone here at our house LOVES the name! can't wait to get to see her and hold her!

-Todd, Aunt V, Uncle Kenny

Tricia said...

Love the name!

I had people tell me all the time that I couldn't name Emmi, Emmi, because it was a nickname. Um, yes I can, and I did. However, thanks for the advice.

August said...

yay! what a cute name!! :o) Love it!

Lisa Swendsen said...

Hello! I love the name. So sweet and I like that both Coy and her name start with C. And 26 weeks, 5 days pregnant is amazing. Your story is bringing me back to my 2nd pregnancy so much. The waiting, the hospital food, the poking and prodding . . .
What an amazing journey you are on! Take lots of pictures in the hospital. Seeing so many pics of me on bedrest in the hospital helped my daughter understand her birth story- especially since her brother (and Coy) have so many pictures of their beginnings. Keep up the great work. You are so strong and can do it!

Vickirdh said...

Hi, Ann Marie, I was out of town with no computer so I'm getting caught up. I LOVE the name Cydney and love the spelling! Coy and Cydney are going to have sooo much fun growing up together---especially with you and Chris as parents and the wonderful extended family y'all have! I'm so glad Cydney is staying put for now but sorry you're having to be stuck so much. But you're right. I know you would hate to see her being stuck that much. Oh, and as to the last post, your teeth will thank you for giving up the starburst and skittles. :) Sorry, I couldn't resist that. You are all still in my prayers. Love, Vicki

Amanda said...

Love the dress! LOVE the name!

Unknown said...

i havent read blogs in sooo long since having Jax.. and someone told me that your blog has homestead instead of homeshade photography.. so i check it out.. and OMG. you are pg again and stuck in the hospital? you poor thing. let me know as soon as this sweet baby girl is born and i will be up there to photograph her.

Unknown said...

i havent read blogs in sooo long since having Jax.. and someone told me that your blog has homestead instead of homeshade photography.. so i check it out.. and OMG. you are pg again and stuck in the hospital? you poor thing. let me know as soon as this sweet baby girl is born and i will be up there to photograph her.

Shane & Ambra said...

You are doing awesome! I love the name & how it starts with a C(to match up with big brother), as well as how it picks up your name too. So sweet! Are you going to put bows in her hair? I have some really cute headbands & monogrammed ones. Talk to you soon!

amy said...

LOVE your baby girl's sweet name!!! Oh- by the way... almost ALL of Reese and Riley's bows are made by Ambra (her sis works with my mom and we get them that way) and they are by far the best bows ever!! :) So glad Cydney is comfy where she is- praying that she stays put for many more weeks. :)